Sunday, March 17, 2013

For You

Ive been doing this for you.
Pursuing all of these opportunities
All the ones that weren’t offered to you

You are my drive my inspiration.
You compel me. I must be your vindication.

Because if I don’t that’s selfish.
I know what it is to be blessed.
I have seen the struggle, the fights, the defeat of the rest.

I’ve been doing this for you.

You could have been a doctor.
Maybe a painter. A dancer.
A political campaigner.

But you were given cards
Not told the game
No matter the rules, youre beat
no how many times you deal again
you will always lose.
It is all in vain

So I’ve been doing this for you.

I know you are looking at me.
Supporting me always.
Giving me strength and love
Til the end of my days

Because if I were you and your were me
You’d be taking advantage of every opportunity
We have the same hunger
We have the same drive

The only difference is one of us has been deprived.

And that is why I am doing all of this for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment