Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monsters

Monsters.
They're real. I've seen them. I swear.
They live inside us and they fight unfair.

When monsters win they ride around victorious.
As a reminder that if we hide they will always find us.

Some monsters are bigger than others.
Like the one that paralyzes me and torments my mother
or that one who consumed and suffocated Heather.

Monsters don't make good company.
In fact they bring out everything that I despise in me.
Reminding me of my mistakes, shameful memories.

My monsters are real.
And sometimes they are strong
They whisper lies like "you can't hold on"

Sometimes my monsters win
but sometimes they lose.
Suffering their attacks, their mental abuse.
The kind with no physical bruise.

Monsters are mean.
Because they really dont care.
they strangle your hope and cut off your air.

Monsters. They are dangerous
because it's more than just a game they play with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment